Welcome back to What’s Up, your weekly look at all things Gears.
Here’s What’s Up this week!
- Griffin is back! Earn him through a new Gameplay Challenge beginning on April 20th
- The Myrrah, Skorge and Savage Locust Packs return this weekend
- Esports Supporter Packs 1-3 are available in the store until April 25th
Coming Up in Gears of War 4
GRIFFIN GAMEPLAY CHALLENGE
Let’s get right to business. The legend himself – Griffin – is coming back to Gears of War 4! If you didn't catch it on Twitter last night and are dying to know how Griffin will be earnable through your gaming accomplishments, we've got you covered.
Beginning on April 20th at 10AM PT, a new timed achievement (known as Challenges) will be available in Gears of War 4 called the 'Aaron Griffin Challenge'. Between April 20th and April 30th 10AM PT, you'll need to earn 750 kills any way you see fit in the following modes:
- Public Versus (includes Co-Op vs Bots)
- Public or Private Horde
This is a cumulative total - not per mode type - so it's up to you how you achieve your 750 kills! Check the Challenge under Gears of War 4's achievements to see your progress tracked in real-time (you can also see it on the Get Griffin challenge page).
How To Claim Griffin
- Complete the 'Aaron Griffin Challenge' timed achievement in Gears of War 4 anytime between April 20th at 10am PT, - April 30th at 10am PT
- Head to https://gearsofwar.com/get-griffin and sign in with the Gamertag used to complete the challenge
- Click the Claim Reward button on the page. Aaron Griffin will be instantly awarded to your account
What If I Can’t Complete The Challenge?
If you can’t complete the challenge for any reason, Griffin will return as a direct monetary-only purchase option for players in mid-to-late May. We want to make sure players who earn Griffin for free through gameplay are given some exclusive time with the character as bragging rights.
Our New Reward System
We’re really excited to debut this new reward system for gameplay challenges in Gears of War 4!
Moving forward, our intention is to release Xbox Live Challenges for future special events using the same system as Griffin. This means you’ll be able to track your progress towards Challenge Unlocks (like the Flaming Weapons) in real-time and claim your rewards instantly via GearsofWar.com. Yes, that means the end of manual tracking!
The debut of our first 2v2 event will arrive in early May alongside two new Flaming Weapon Skin challenges using this system.
get your locust fix
This weekend will see the return of three of your favorite Locust themed Gear Packs – Skorge, Myrrah and the Savage Locusts! Grab ‘em while you can until Monday April 30th, 10AM PT.
return of the supporter packs
By popular demand, Esports Supporter 1, 2 and 3 Packs are now available in the Gears of War 4 store until April 25th! This is the first time in almost a year that these Packs have been individually available outside of the Esports Collection Pack.
As a reminder, Esports Supporter Packs 1-5 use a different approach to our more recent Esports Supporter Packs, which guarantee a character in every Pack. To ensure fairness to our past Supporters, we have opted to keep these Packs in their original format.
Museum of Community Glory
Last week, we began asking for Creators to stand up proud and tag their channel for a chance to be featured in the Museum of Community Glory. The response has been amazing and we're working our way through the hundreds of creators who sent us a link to their channel.
This week, we're putting the spotlight on long standing community members COGCouple! Together, COGCouple does everything from streaming, creating character highlight videos, spotlighting great Esports matches and more - we especially love their Instagram account full of Gears memorabilia and good humour.
Are you a Gears Video Creator in the community? Tweet a link to your channel to @CoalitionGears with #GearsMOCG for a chance to be featured next week! Everyone featured will receive the TCA Commendation Lancer.
Come In, Control
We’re out there in the community every day reading and responding to our fans. Here's the most notable updates from the team you may have missed this week.
- Great meeting with the Dev Team this week RE Ranked - specifically, the impact of a loss vs the impact of a win to your Tier Progress. More to come but know that your feedback has been heard
- All Emblems that were missing in the Esports Teams Season 2 Weapons Packs purchased on March 29 have now been deployed
- The Luck of the Draw Challenges Rewards have now been deployed to all qualifying participants. You will find them in your account the next time you log into the game
- If you were missing the emblem included in the purchase of the Gears Esports Supporter 8 - Las Vegas Edition Pack, it has been now awarded to your account
- We are continuing to work through the Challenge Reward Weapon Skins support thread on our forums
- Missing Gears Esports Viewership Weapon Skins? Post here
- Kill Trading in Core is being discussed at the studio.
- Looking into missing Season Pass map ownership on Windows 10. Post here if you are experiencing this.
- Continuing to work with our partners to get two notable Windows 10 issues resolved as soon as possible. Two known workarounds are posted here.
Join us later today for our Gears Weekly Live Stream at 3PM PT/ 6PM ET. We will be playing as the man himself - Aaron Griffin - answering your questions and giving away another District weapon skin. See you online! live.gearsofwar.com